The Little Red Dress Project

Hello Friends: I’ve created the Holiday Tag #thelittlereddressproject on Instagram. Myself and a few vlogger friends and a whole lot of other sewers on Instagram will be sewing a Red Dress and revealing them on December 21st.

Below is the official announcement posted on Instagram.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day and ready for another sewing tag. Today I’m launching a new project tag for the sewing community .#THELITTLEREDDRESSPROJECT. After Hollie’s Seamstress tag, I felt like we should have more tags on YouTube for our community. It’s growing so nicely and full of support and love, I want to keep it rolling. The vloggers listed below will be participating and bloggers as well.

If you plan to join us please post your creations on Wednesday Dec 21st and beyond with the #THELITTLEREDDRESSPROJECT

Create a Red Dress for the holiday preferable something in the same color family of red. 90% of your dress should be red, dusty/rose pink accepted.

You are free to choose whatever pattern you desire as long as the silhouette resembles a Sheath or shift dress. I’ve considered that some are new sewers and I really can’t wait to see how our creativity will show through these dresses.

However! If you’re a more advanced sewer feel free to choose whatever silhouette you like.

Update: Andrea of Sewtofit, has kindly shared her extensive Sheath Dress fitting series for any beginner sewers.

Open to sewing vloggers, bloggers, and those with Instagram accounts.

Happy Sewing!

1. November 4, 2016 / 10:47 am

Hi Renata. Please add me to this list! I am making a red dress too šŸ™‚ Hila @saturdaynightstitch.

• November 4, 2016 / 5:41 pm

I sure will šŸ™‚ watch your inbox as I'll get an email to you shortly.

2. November 18, 2016 / 8:28 pm

I plan to participate as well and already have my fabric. Can't wait! @akramsideas

3. November 25, 2016 / 8:05 pm

Count me in Renata if you can please! I love this! @sewsarahsmith (Instagram and WordPress blog)

4. December 2, 2016 / 11:40 am

Me too!!! @amandaturner1977 You Tube – I Sew A Lot. Thanks Renata, such a great idea!!!

5. Paulette
    December 21, 2016 / 7:41 pm

I would have loved to join in but just seeing this now on the 21.. next year for sure !

• renata
      December 22, 2016 / 2:45 am

Yes next year for sure. I am already thing about what can be done to make it better šŸ™‚

6. December 17, 2017 / 4:16 pm

I want to take part with my new red dress! I have a WordPress blog at and an Instagram site @katja.kuitunen

• December 17, 2017 / 4:24 pm

Hi Katja, You can definitely join #thelittlereddressproject, as long as you have an Instagram account and can tag myself and Rosa with the hashtag you’re in. The last day to post your project is Dec 24th.
      I hope to see your project and I’ll follow your blog

7. Heather Monro
    December 18, 2017 / 8:08 am

Hi Renata, hoping to do this if I get time… do I have to post before 21st or is it any time after?

• December 18, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Hi Heather, The last day to post your project is Dec 24th. However, I’m flexible and winners won’t be announced till January 7th. So if you got it in before the 29th, you would be counted